Today is a special day. I am working in Arizona, USA, thousands of miles from home, with my friend Dorothy with one intention:-
To Work Together for Good.
- Good – for each other
- Good – for others – creating materials that will touch hearts and minds – for good.
- Good – for life – designing a path that will help people know they can move forward – they can do it – they can live their life – run their business – for good.
- Good – for the future – empowering, inspiring, individuals and organisations – to magnify the good and make ripples that will create a better future.
Does this sound like a fanciful dream to you?
A few years ago it would have to me too. But now, this is my reality. Today I’m here in Arizona today living this reality. Next week I will be back in Australia, living this reality.
5 years ago: –
- I didn’t know Dorothy.
- I had no idea I would be able to be in her home, with her beautiful family, sitting at her table in the early morning mapping a strategy, creating a plan, learning, laughing and creating together.
- I didn’t believe this I could make a difference.
- I didn’t know the beautiful, powerful, inspiring people I would have the opportunity to meet.
- I didn’t know the adventure my life would be and the opportunities that would come.
- I have a best friend on the other side of the world.
- We are working together.
- We inspire each other to stretch, challenge and serve our community – for good.
- We are still learning and growing to do that better.
The Journey –
Getting from 5 years ago to today was not an easy or straightforward path. There were many external challenges but the hardest challenges were the internal ones. I had to grow me to become the person who could work for good and then work together with others for good. I wanted to be a difference-maker. I knew I could not achieve all I wanted to achieve working alone – but working with others – that was hard work.
So I Started…
So I started to learn and grow. First I started on me. Then I sort to gain understanding and clarity…What was important? What must be done first? What must I do versus what can and should others do? One step at a time – the next right step. It grew from there.
So I ask you…?
- What is important for you?
- What is your next right step?
Start today … and keep going and your adventure will be a journey for good.