Simple. Practical. Powerful.
Dynamic relationship principles to make a difference in your business and personal life
About 85% of the factors contributing to … success are related to the ability to work effectively with people.Dale Carnegie
Have you ever been frustrated with other people? Have you ever wondered what people were thinking? Did you ever think that other people are just weird and their behaviour is just random and unpredictable? If you, you are really not alone. The fact is that many people actually have experienced similar thoughts and feelings. We’ve been there ourselves. But we have found a way to make sense of the “people puzzles” in our lives.
Use 4 Simple Steps to:
* Recognise the PATTERN in human behaviour
* Apply the pattern to your PERSONAL perspective
* Use the pattern to understand other PEOPLE
* Employ the pattern for greater success in PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS
We’ve partnered with Personality Insights and the John Maxwell Team to deliver programs that will help you to focus on the two key ingredients of life: Learning and Growing!
The starting point of understanding people is to realise and accept one simple fact – we are all different. We must learn to celebrate the differences. Different is not bad, it’s just different! Imagine what you could accomplish when you truly understand one another? Why do people act the way they do? There is no easier way to do this than to use the DISC Model of Human Behaviour based on the work of Dr. William Marston. Marston theorized that people are motivated by four intrinsic drives that direct behavioral patterns. He used four descriptive characteristics for behavioral tendencies which are represented by four letters of the alphabet: D, I, S and C. Thus the concept of “DISC” was introduced.
Using DISC we can:
- Understand our own personality blend, our own strengths and needs
- Understand the strengths of both the task-oriented member and the people-oriented member
- Learn how each team member influences the overall team dynamic
- Understand the needs and drives of team members
- Discover the secrets to interacting with them
- Learn how to utilise each person’s talents and abilities for greater productivity and better relationships
For Businesses & Organisations, the DISC Model of Human Behaviour can be used to:
- Reduce stress
- Minimize conict
- Build trust
- Raise morale
- Boost sales
- Reinforce/restore relationships
- Enhance communication
- Decrease employee turnover
- Improve service quality
- Maximise team performance