My passion is to see you stretch beyond your current position and achieve more than you think is possible using the same tools that I have used to grow, enhance my own productivity, development and decision-making skills and to create a more balanced lifestyle.
One of my favourite quotes is by Barbara Johnson: “If we can keep our minds open to the blessings, humour and education in whatever happens to us – if we can set that little invisible radar dish on top of our heads to constantly search for blessings instead of disaster – our lives will be enriched by the experiences we endure and we can grow from the calamities that fertilise our lives”.
The older I get, the more I’ve come to realise that learning is a life long journey … there’s always another thing to learn about over the horizon. As C.S. Lewis said “Experience: That most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.“
My business and financial background together with my entrepreneurial spirit enables me to apply a potent blend of strong financial and accounting expertise, deep practical business experience, and entrepreneurial flair and creativity to complex business problems. I don’t say this to impress you but to impress upon you that I have an unusual mix of qualifications and experience not found in too many business consultants, trainers and mentors. I have not practised as an accountant for many years … I have spent my last 15 years in business. So unlike some accountants who only know the theory of business, I can honestly say I have hands-on experience of what it means to be IN business, to start a business, to grow a business and most of all, to manage a business when times get tough … and it will!
As an entrepreneur, I understand the issues that an entrepreneur face. I’ve “been there, done that.” I’ve overcome many of the problems you face. And I KNOW you can too. Sure, you can do it alone … but learn from my experience (and mistakes). You will NEVER live long enough to make them all yourself !!
Are you someone who is looking to start, run or grow your business? If you answer YES, then let’s connect. Exploring costs nothing. If you would like to work directly with me, as a Virtual CFO, mentor or coach, to ignite your business and take it to the next level … just complete the form opposite. Tell me a little about your business and what you would like to work on together, and I will get back to you within 48 hours.
Not sure that I can deliver?
Training & Qualifications Earned:
- Chartered Accountant (1980)
- Registered Company Auditor (1990)
- Registered Tax Agent (1991)
- Licensed Proper Authority, Financial Planning (1994)
- Registered Migration Agent (2003)
- Certified John Maxwell Team Coach, Trainer and Speaker (2015)
- Certified Human Behaviour Consultant (2015)
Current/Previous Business Roles:
- Chief Executive Officer
- Member, President’s Advisory Council, John Maxwell Team
- Partner & Practice Manager, Accounting Practice
- Managing Director
- Sales & Marketing Director
- Co-Founder, Start-Ups
- Co-Founder, Artists in Arms Charity
- Chief Operating Officer
- Financial Controller
- Chair, The Executive Connection
- Auditor, Not for Profit Organisations
- Treasurer, Cystic Fibrosis Association
- General Manager
Business I’ve owned, part owned, or had hands-on involvement in:
- Professional Services – Accounting Practice, Coaching & Mentoring, Training, Migration
- Retail – Video Rental, Growers Market
- Property Development
- Medical Tourism
- Creative Arts – Art Sales
- Aquaculture – Koi Fish Breeding, Fish Farming
- Hospitality – Bed & Breakfast, Hostel & Homestay, Catering, Restaurant
- Manufacturing – Wall Panels, Blinds & Curtains, Environmental Products
- Web Design, SEO, Internet Marketing