Ember is a published author as well as a qualified teacher with over 30 years experience in education. She has written, illustrated and published the complete whole-year curriculum for English, Mathematics, Malay Language, Science and Themes for children ranging from 3 – 6 years, including detailed planners for teachers, extra large teaching aids, books and worksheets for children, craft ideas and related activities and songs. This was a systematic curriculum planned to ensure that children were able to read and write by the time they enter school as well as do sums and simple multiplication.
As part of Ember’s personal development, she was involved in the Million Leaders Mandate Leadership Training program by John C Maxwell and completed a Diploma in Early Childhood Christian Education and an Advanced Diploma in Computer Studies. Her leadership skills were demonstrated when she became the chairman and principal driver behind the organisation of a 5-day KidsGames Program in Penang, Malaysia for over 800 children ages 4 – 12 years old. She applied her skills and experience to adapt an international program (operating in over 140 countries) to suit Malaysian local needs. The 2004 KidsGames involved over 150 volunteers and was held at multiple venues in the state of Penang.
Training & Professional Qualifications
- Teacher’s Certificate (1977)
- Australian Computer Society Examination on Computing (1989)
- Malaysian Mensa (1991)
- Advance Diploma in Computer Studies Informatics (1992)
- Diploma in Early Childhood Christian Education (2004)
- John C Maxwell Million Leaders Mandate (2006-2009)
- Certified John Maxwell Trainer and Speaker (2016)
- Chairman and principal driver behind a 5-day KidsGames for State of Penang, Malaysia.
- Started and managed student hostel for 24 students seeking refuge from Indonesian riots for ages 9 – 19 years old.
- Started Child Care Centre for children 2 – 3 years of age, taking student numbers from 3 to maximum capacity in a short period of time.
- Children’s Ministry/Kindergarten Director of large church in Penang, Malaysia managing 13 full time staff and over 70 volunteers.